33rd Annual Wedding Fair
January 7th & 8th 2012
Westin Bayshore Hotel
Wedding Design Studio booth from 2011
Come see our new designs for 2012 at the show!
Tips and Tricks for Brides Visiting a Wedding Show
Wedding Design Studio will be at the Westin Bayshore this Saturday and Sunday, January 7th and 8th, for the 33rd Annual Wedding Fair. We are located on the top floor, right before the fashion show, as soon as you get off the escalator. Please stop by to say hello, we look forward to meeting you!
Some tips to make your day successful:
1. Wear comfortable shoes! And leave your winter coat in the car (or use the coat check) you will want your hands free to be able to focus on the show.
2. Print labels with your name, phone number, email address, and wedding date (size recommend by Wedding Fair 2012 - Avery 5160 - 30 per page or something compatible). Bring a least 5 sheets (150 labels). This will save you a ton of time at the show that can be used talking to knowledgeable vendors! These can be printed at the show, but there is always a long line.
3. Bring a day planner (or your phone) to book appointments with vendors you meet at the show.
4. Bring a note pad so you can make notes of your favorite vendors. You will meet hundreds of vendors, and receive cards/brochures from most of them. Make notes so you can remember which you would like to contact again or check out their website.
5. You will receive reusable bags at the show, but we recommend bringing two with you (different colors if possible). Give one to whoever you have brought to the show (fiancé, mother, friend or bridesmaids) for the vendor’s cards you are semi interested in, and another that you hold onto for the ones that really peaked your interest. When you get home it might be hard to remember which photographer you were interested in when you have 10 cards, but if you separate them when you meet them it will make it much easier. for an easier
6. Check the exhibitor list to plan your day, who would you really like to meet? This is a great opportunity to compare vendors in one location. Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions – these are wedding professionals.
7. Bring a camera. This is especially important if your fiancé is unable to attend. But please ask the vendor if you are allowed to take a photo of their booth first.
8. Have Fun!
Following the wedding show we recommend that you sort through your vendor material as soon as possible. If you take your time many of your preferred vendors might be booked. Remember that dates go very quickly, and many wedding professionals become completely booked within a few weeks following the show for prime dates.
For more information, location, dates and show times for the Wedding Fair 2012 or to pre-purchase tickets please visit www.weddingfair.ca/
Hope to see you there!